What can Photo-realistic Renderings do for you?
Photo-realistic renderings are a fast and cost effective way to iterate through a design process and create high fidelity visualizations of your product. They are an excellent way to obtain user feedback, support fundraising efforts and create beautiful marketing imagery.
How do you create Photo Renderings?
Photo-realistic renders are a great tool for anyone developing a product. It’s a complicated process, but at its core there’s a few simple steps:
- Build a CAD model specifically for photo-rendering.
- Import the CAD model into 3D Rendering Software.
- Create the studio environment. A designer works their environment, camera, lighting, materials, and textures magic.
- Generate the renders and post-edit in Photo Editing Software to add the final touches.
Accelerate and Improve your Product Design Process
Photo-realistic rendering is a great way to rapidly visualize high fidelity mock ups of different aesthetic designs and variations. It is much faster and also cheaper than building appearance models for each of your ideas. These renders are great for internal design reviews and are easy to distribute for collecting user feedback.
Once you’ve refined your product aesthetic, you’ll need to create marketing imagery to build hype for your upcoming release. Photo-realistic renders can be refined to be extremely life-like and are a great substitute for fabricating high quality prototypes and hiring out a professional photoshoot. Some companies use photo-realistic renderings in advertising even after they are well established in the market.
This looks great, but can’t you just use a drawing?
There are many ways to visualize and communicate your product design to an audience. You also could use sketching, illustration, or CAD models. But none of them will give you the life-like and professional quality that photo-rendering does. Photo-realistic renders let your audience see the product as they would in the real world where as the others feel like in-progress ideas.
In summary, photo-realistic renderings will:
- Help designers iterate faster through potential design variations
- Provide high fidelity mockups for faster and cheaper design validation
- Serve as high quality and versatile marketing assets